Follow me on Twitter

22 July 2011

More of the July Glossy Box

So Glossy Box day is quickly turning into my favourite day of the month.

Last month I read a lot of criticism of the box, mainly because of the lack of make up and the mini Bastiste spray, on top of the price hike starting next month (they will start charging £2.95 on top of the £10 for delivery) they really seem to have tried hard this month. For starters there were two items of make up in my box, Illamasqua Pure Pigment powder and a Ciate nail polish which were both full size, plus a full size bottle of Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Rose Oil. These full size products are worth about £45 alone!

Ciate Nail Polish- Beach Melba
I got a pinky peach, difficult to show in the picture over my nails without a lot of coats but it is pretty much the colour of a french manicure pink. It is a nice colour, dried fairly quickly and went on smoothly.





I imagine that everyone was excited to see Illamasqua included. I have not tried the brand before and was eager to give it a go. I am not sure about the Forest Green colour I got but I think it could work as liner or to blend for a green smokey eye look. This retails at £15.50 for 1.3g, by contrast the MAC pigment powder is also £15.50 but you get 4.5g so quite a big difference in value for money.






When applied dry, the powder is sheer and can be built up. When applied wet the pigment really comes out, the colour is really deep and shimmery. The one thing I did notice is that it washed off with water very easily so may need a little primer underneath to hold it.


I love this tanner, I already have the full size version but the little tube will be great for keeping the tan topped up when away. The tanner comes out a dark greeny brown and is rubbed on in a circular motion, the result is really even and natural and no tide marks. It also gives a much more flattering olive glow rather than orange. Another perk is that it is vanilla scented and much more pleasant than the usual fake tan smell!



Weleda Pomegranite Regenerating Body Oil

I gave this a try after a shower and it left my skin soft, moisturised and glowing. Not that easy to apply as the oil pours out quite readily- I can see it running down quite quickly with my liberal application! Really does smell amazing though and absorbed quickly so I did not get oil on my clothes.



Etat Libre Orange pefume samples- "Tilda Swinton" and "Archives 69"

Both perfumes are spicy and rich, quite pleasant and unusual, applied in the morning they seemed to last a long time.




Favourite item was definitely the body oil as it smells amazing! I know there were a few variations in the boxes so let me know what was in yours and what you thought.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment