Follow me on Twitter

11 August 2011

Avon Magix Face Perfector

I picked up this Avon Magix Face Perfector Primer to keep my make up in place in the hot weather. I don't normally use primer but I thought I would check this out. It's £10.50 for 30ml and also contains SPF20.


It comes out as a light lotion/gel but becomes powdery on the skin. I used on my nose, cheeks and forehead to keep my make up in place and minimise shine. The first thing I noticed was that it evened out my skin tone, it has a slight iridescence and gave my skin a glow but toned down unwanted shininess. I applied my make up over the top.



My face stayed in place the whole evening despite the hot weather and looked less shiny than it normally would after a day in the sun. The formula was light and sheer so didn't make my make up look heavy. I have also been using it for the day under my make up and it has kept my make up from sliding off through the commute and warm weather.
Only thing to note was, I found it best to leave the primer about 10 minutes to dry before applying make up over the top as it would ball up otherwise.

(sorry not very easy to show the finish in the photo)

Overall though, I think this product is a real winner. It kept my make up looking tidy all day and felt comfortable on my skin. I would usually expect my face to feel a little greasy after all day wear but this definitely calmed down the unwanted shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment