Follow me on Twitter

17 July 2011

Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colour- £16



Bobbi Brown have recently bought out a new range of highly pigmented lipsticks, there are currently 12 colours available. The lipsticks are SPF 12 and boast 'crisp colour' and creamy moisturisation.





I tried a couple of these out at the Bobbi Brown counter and bought 'Cosmic Raspberry' which is described as 'a bright pink fuchsia'. The assistant recommended that the lipstick should be applied straight from the bullet and without lip liner.



I have been pleased with the lipstick. It is a bold colour with a matte cream finish. There is no sparkle or gloss to it although it has a nice moisturised sheen. I would say the finish of this colour is less pink fuchsia and more purpley, although it is a nice colour. It goes on smoothly, and despite being applied with out liner or brush it went on neatly. I did find the formula moisturising for a few hours but as it faded my lips definitely craved a bit of lip balm or a reapplication. It lasted for about 4/5 hours before needing retouching and did not survive lunch. Biggest downfall with this lipstick was that it did not fade evenly and it does leave a bit of a ring. As it is such a bright colour I think this looks pretty noticeable so makes the lipstick quite high maintenance for long wear.


Overall, I would check out other colours of this range for sure as I think this colours, and the others available are really sophisticated but bright and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment