Follow me on Twitter

18 July 2011

BIOeffect update! Wonder product from the June Glossy Box

Just wanted to give a little update on the BIO Effect serum that was included in the June Glossy Box, see my previous blog post here.

As the sample is coming to an end :-( I thought I would share my opinions. Although I have had the sample for four weeks I have not used it everyday (thus only just finishing the sample now).  I must say though, the sample has latest really well as I have used it about 4 days of every week, a little really has gone a long way- which is great for a product that is £125 for 15ml.

The serum is for use at night and is a sticky fluid. You can feel it is a layer on the skin and when I have woken up I can still feel it there, this is not a problem as it is not uncomfortable or messy but suggests that it works like a mask. It certainly wouldn't be a good idea for using during the day. Overall, my skin has felt smoother and healthier and the tone very much improved. The first couple of times I used it, I got a few small spots but these stopped and it also helped to tone down the redness of my acne.

You use the serum on the eyes too and it can be applied all over the eye lid. As I don't normally use eye cream I think I noticed the most difference here. The skin around my eyes was much plumper and softer. The small creases were basically gone and my eye area looked much fresher. I also found it improved the texture of my eyelid and my eyeshadow went on much more smoothly and stayed put longer that usual.

I was really impressed with the serum, I am still not sure I will spend the £125 straight away but I would be more willing knowing how well it worked and how long a small amount can last. I think that more expensive products should be available to sample as people would be less reluctant to buy if they felt they knew it worked for their skin (take note Estee Lauder Idealist!).

No comments:

Post a Comment