Follow me on Twitter

25 June 2011

June Glossy Box product review & pics

I was so excited about getting my first Glossy Box. I read about it after the first box was sent out which was disappointing as there was some fantastic products in there.
Anyway, I signed up straight away. The concept is great, a £10 monthly subscription gets you a goodie box of five products to sample.



The box looks great, really beautifully packaged and feels like a real treat. Similar packaging to Net a Porter where you pay £10 just for P+P!



Perles de Lalique perfume sample (4.5ml)



I adore this, it is my perfect type of scent quite spicy and exotic but still fairly floral. It reminded me the smell in the gardens when I went to Mauritius. I think it is quite an unusual choice because I am not sure it would appeal to everyone, it is very grown up and distinctive and if you like fruity, floral scents this is probably not for you. But for me this is a real winner. I will definitely be purchasing a full size bottle.

OPI nail polish (3.75ml)



As I have mentioned in previous posts, OPI is my absolute favourite nail varnish brand. They go on smoothly, last well and are touch dry almost instantly. This is a pretty small sample bottle (about 3.5ml) and the only disappointment for me was the colour is not something I would choose. I tend to buy bright opaques so a silver metallic colour would not be my choice. But a great product to add in as OPI really is brilliant.

Batiste original dry shampoo 50ml



I read a lot of disappointed comments from other Glossy Box recipients on the inclusion of the Batiste dry shampoo, as it is pretty cheap (about £2) and easily available and is certainly not a luxe brand.
As someone who washes their hair everyday, and has dry hair, I was not sure this was of use to me. However, I went out after work and gave my fringe a spritz to freshen it up and it was really great. Although my hair was not greasy it gave it a bit of a volume boost and a nice fresh scent. I am not sure this is a product I would use loads, particularly having short hair, but I think it will be kept in my desk drawer for certain! I definitely would prefer a more luxurious brand in future but it was an interesting trial of something I would not normally consider buying.

Abahna White Grapefruit and May Chang Shower Gel 100ml


The shower gel is huge! Great to save for trips away. The gel itself smells good, quite heavy perfume content. It is quite a woody scent and gave a nice foam. According to the Abahna website, it is reach in essential oils and has natural rather than chemical cleansers so as not to irritate the skin. The full 250ml bottle is available for £17, which I would not spend on a shower gel, but it was a nice treat to include in the box and I will be saving it for my holiday!





Thought I would save this for last. I was really excited to receive this sample. as I had read about it before and love facial serums. The bottle provided doesn't have a size but I would guess it is about 2ml and comes with a little dripper. I would say the sample would last a week maybe two. Considering the cost of a bottle that is a pretty generous sample!

The website lists benefits as, improved skin tone, reversal of the signs of aging, added radiance and luminosity, deep moisturisation and improved complexion. It only contains 9 ingrdients- one of which is alcohol (although less than 1%) and another is water- so I should hope the other 7 ingredients have something special! The EGF part is a natural protein from barley and use 'cellular activators' to renew the skin.

I gave it a whirl last night before I went to sleep, it had been a pretty heavy night out so had a bit of work to do. The serum is slightly sticky in feel, although this is probably the glycerine. It absorbed really quickly and I felt like my skin really drank it up. This morning I had really soft skin is was particularly firm and plump around my eyes and on my cheeks. The skin on my forehead also looked firmer and softer. Much better skin than I would expect after a night out!! I hope to see so more improvements as I continue to use it, and would consider buying it (despite the high price tag) if I noticed a difference. I was a bit sceptical when I saw the limited ingredient list but my skin seemed to like! Really great sample to receive!!

Overall, my first impressions of Glossy Box are really good. I look forward to see what will be included next time. It would be nice to get some make up but I am a skincare junkie so I love an overpriced miracle cure to try!! After receiving the box yesterday, I was emailed by Glossy Box to let me know that, starting with the September box, there will be a £2.95 charge for delivery. I had wondered how they could keep going with such a lot of packaging and sending the boxes out recorded delivery so I am not completely surprised or disappointed by this but the extra £35 a year may put some people off. Can't wait to see what its in next months box!!
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment