Follow me on Twitter

12 June 2011

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil- £17.50 each

Nars describes these as a 'lipstick in a jumbo pencil' At the moment I have Red Square (red) and Roman Holiday (pink). There are currently 20 shades available.




They are fat little pencils are ideal for covering the whole lip rather than as a liner, very much like a matte lipstick or lip paint. They are truly matte with no shine. However, despite this, they are not drying (although I would not call them moisturising either). They coat the lips in a powdery colour and provides great colour coverage.





The Red Square fades evenly (no ring) and lasts really well- through dinner and drinks!! The pink, being lighter fades slightly quicker but still lasts a few hours and is fairly drinks proof.

RED SQUARE
You can see from the picture this is a real orange based red. It is very bright and only one coat is needed to cover the lips with colour. It has a very matte finish, and as I mentioned, really long lasting.



ROMAN HOLIDAY
This is a pale powder pink on the verge of lilac. Despite being an unusual shade it is quite flattering and suitable for the day. I usually wear it with a lip gloss over the top (Nars: Angelika)

Sorry for the scowling pics!


Nars have recently bought out a  Velvet Gloss version of the pencil. I am hoping to pick some of these up soon. I have tried them out in Space NK and they are much sheerer and I would guess they would not have the longevity of the the Velvet matte but I will give them a go and let you know!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely!

    Your lips are yum...The constrast with your white hair is amzing. Congratulations.

    Kisses from Brazil!

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete