Follow me on Twitter

8 June 2011

Ginvera Marvel Gel with Green Tea- £15

I love a good exfoliator and had been meaning to try this for ages. There is nothing better than sloughing of a layer of skin to get you looking shiny and bright.

I warn you now, you may find this product a little gruesome but I think that is part of the appeal.

It is sold as an blackhead treatment, popular in Asia. I ordered it from Cult Beauty which is a great store for unusual products.



The product itself is a green gel and is supposed to break up and remove the top layer of skin so as to brighten and even skin tone. It is recommended for refining pores and suggests it is a great treatment for adult acne (which I suffer from). I was a little concerned that it may be quite harsh, although it does say that it is suitable for sensitive skin.



On a clean face, use your fingers to rub the gel, in circular motions into the skin. As you begin to do this you can feel little balls of skin on your fingers as it takes the layer off (told you it was gruesome). It was surprisingly really gentle. You can see the balls of skin on your fingers (see pics) which I quite like as it seems like it is working! After rinsing it with cold water, my skin definitely looks brighter, the black heads and pores around my nose much, much smaller and my skin was shiny. It did not look red or feel dry at all, just very very smooth. The next morning still felt really really smooth and there was no irritation.


This is the skin that came off- gross!

I have now used this on my areas of acne (around the jawline) and I have to say I am quite impressed, it is not necessarily a cure but certainly a treatment for smoothing the skin and removing any roughness.

I was really impressed with this product, although it is £15 for a fairly small tube (30ml) a little seems to go a long way and my skin stayed pretty smooth for about a week. Although I have ended up trying out on so many people I think the tube is not going to last that long but I will definitely be buying more.

Sorry the pics aren't great-

BEFORE


AFTER

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment