Follow me on Twitter

27 June 2011

Neals Yard Remedies Rose Facial Polish -£14.80 for 100ml


I first tried the Rehydrating Rose Facial Polish a couple of years ago and I always go back to it.  I love exfoliators and this really lives up to it's name as a polish. It smells amazing, due to the fact it contains flower and essential oils and leaves skin really smooth and so hydrated.

Of all the exfoliating scrubs, masks, gels etc that I have bought over the years this remains the best in my opinion. I suffer from mild acne and discolouration under the skin on my jawline and cheeks and within a few uses of this it clears up. I am not suggesting that this is an acne cure and certainly that it would work for everyone but, for my skin, this is fantastic.

First off, although it is very grainy the actual cream it is in is quite oily. Despite my blocked pores my skin is actually quite dry and works best with oil based products. Although the grains of this polish are fairly harsh the softening cream base counteracts this so it sloughs of the skin but leaves it really soft, smooth and hydrated and most of all without irritation. Compared to much cheaper face scrubs from the drugstore this is a real winner hands down. I should point out that this is not a cleanser and will not take your make up off, I use it every other day but I think people with less problematic skin than mine could use once a week as part of their regime.


As with all Neal's Yard products the ingredients are really high quality, natural and in most cases organic. I am a big fan of NYR mostly due to quality of their products, which are all very gentle but make such a big difference to my skin. In recent years I notice they have cut back the number of larger sizes that are available which is a real shame, particularly for their face washes. They aren't the cheapest brand but I do feel that you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment