Follow me on Twitter

14 June 2011

Undereye concealing and brightening- the Laura Mercier way!

I decided to take a break from my Bobbi Brown under eye concealer and check out the Laura Mercier range.

I purchased Secret Concealer in #2 (£18.50) and Secret Brightening Powder (£18.50) with promises to "quickly bring a youthful, brighter look" while the powder adds a "invisible lightening boost".



Secret Concealer:
The concealer is very similar to the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer I was previously using. Although the Laura Mercier is £1.50 more, you get an extra 0.8g so it is better value for money. I found the Laura Mercier formula slightly tackier to touch than the Bobbi Brown, which is very silky, however it went on very smoothly and stayed in place very well. It was easy to blend into the skin and foundation. It did not highlight creases and provides good but lightweight coverage.I applied with my fingers and this worked very well, I am yet to try with a brush.

Secret Brightening Powder:
When I first saw the powder, I was a little concerned as it is white a sparkly! However, you only need a really tiny amount to the set and brighten the concealer. There was no hint of glitter on the skin which is always good, and through the day the concealer stayed put and did not crease at all. I would usually use face powder to set my eye concealer but this is much, much lighter and more comfortable.




Overall, I have been thrilled with this product. I would not say the concealer was any better or worse than the Bobbi Brown, however the Mercier is only available in 6 colours and the Bobbi Brown has 14!
The main reason I would probably choose the Laura Mercier over the Bobbi Brown in future is the price, although it does not seem to be much in it, the Laura Mercier is £8.19 a gram while the Bobbi Brown is £12.14 a gram!

The Secret brightening powder is definitely a new must have. I really noticed how lightweight it was and I think it provided fantastic longevity.

I will be checking out some more Laura Mercier products for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment