Follow me on Twitter

11 August 2011

MD Formulations Face Sun Protector- oil free sunscreen!!

Just got back from my summer hols so have a few summer essentials posts for you.


Every year I try a different face sunscreen and have already found them greasy and really pore blocking- even those that say that they won't!



This year I tried MD Formulations Face Sun Protector SPF 30. It uses zinc as a suncream and is water based which hopefully would mean that it would not feel as greasy and pore blocking as other face sunscreens. It is made by Bare Escentuals who make the Bare Minerals foundation which is very gentle on the skin so I thought I would give this one a go. the RRP is £16 but I ordered it from Feel Unique for £13.60.

 The first thing I noticed was how light it felt on the skin, much more like a moisturiser than a suncream. I applied in the morning and then through the day as I was out in the sun and despite the heat, it stayed fairly matte- definitely no greasiness. After two weeks of use my skin was better than usual, no further breakouts than those I usually have plus some of my skin had cleared up. It absorbed into my skin easily rather than sitting on the surface and I had no burning and I tanned evenly.

I have definitely found a winner for future holidays, I will also be using it as a moisturiser under my make up for everyday. Obviously there is no such thing as safe suntanning, but if you are going to go out in the sun I would really recommend this sun protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment