Follow me on Twitter

11 September 2011

High Street Argan Oil hair treats

There is a big buzz at the moment around Argan Oil hair treatments. It seemed to start with Moroccan Oil hair treatment which is available in salons and online quite easily and retails at about £30 for 100ml. L'Oreal have also introduced their Mythic Oil, again available in salons and online, which does not contain any Argan oil but does claim the same benefits as Moroccan Oil with healthy hair and faster drying time. As always where the salons head the high street follows. As I have short hair and it gets cut really regularly, I am not particularly keen on spending £30 for a bottle of Moroccan Oil so I picked up three products under £5 which all contain Argan Oil and put them to the test.

VO5 Miracle Concentrate- £4.99 (50ml)


This is a thick oil that comes with a dripper top. You rub into damp freshly washed hair and then carry on as usual. I liked this product, although have found that the dropper gave too much product for my hair and if I used too near the roots it felt a little heavy. I wouldn't use this everyday as it was a little much for my hair, although my hair is really thick, dry and coloured. It has a great scent and definitely left my hair looking smooth and shiny and healthy. I think on long hair it would be a fab treatment, and I would buy again but must remember not to use to much.

TREsemme Serum with Argan Oil- £4.99 (30ml)


This was a lovely light serum containing Argan Oil. When applied to damp hair it gave me a really smooth finish once it had been styled. There was no heaviness and my hair was shiny and with no added weight. I also tried applying it as I normally would serum, after straightening to give it a nice glossy finish, again it gave a nice smooth and shiny look without weighing it down.

I am not really sure the Argan Oil particularly made much difference here and may be a good marketing addition for TREsemme, but I would recommend if you want to add shine but feel that oil will be too heavy for your hair.

Milk_Shake Organic Argan Oil- £4.20 (10ml)


Okay, so this is a bit of a cheat as, although it is under a fiver, the bottle is a teeny tiny 10ml. A 50ml bottle is £17.50 so quite a bit pricey than the VO5!!
However, this little bottle really did a great job. The oil was light, and I only needed the tiniest amount to spread through my hair. Even applied root to tip it was not heavy at all and left my hair feeling great, really healthy, strong and smooth and my hair looked really shiny. It was absolutely my favourite of the three and makes me interested in maybe trying Moroccan Oil as well.

Let me know what Argan Oil products you love.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment